Sunday, December 20, 2009

Emitt Rhodes

In 1970, the same year that Paul McCartney released his self-recorded McCartney album, a 20 year old from Illinois released a strikingly McCartneyish album recorded in his parent's garage. I draw the comparison because, in a lot of ways, this 20 year old out-McCartneyed McCartney. Emitt Rhodes' first album, on which he played all of the instruments, is filled with light-hearted, harmony-filled pop music that typifies the majority of Paul's late era Beatles offerings. Definitely worth a listen - he's a talented guy.

With My Face On The Floor



Promises I've Made



You Should Be Ashamed



It's amazing and slightly depressing to think of how good this guy was at 20. When I was 20, I was struggling to stay awake in my Psych 101 class.

No comments:

Post a Comment