Sunday, November 8, 2009

As the decade closes out

In case you're interested in checking something out that you may have missed, here's some of my favorite albums from 2000-2009:

Neko Case - Fox Confessor/Middle Cyclone
M Ward - Post War
Loose Fur - Loose Fur
Josh Ritter - The Animal Years
Jon Brion - Meaningless
Jenny Lewis - Rabbit Fur Coat
The Frames - Set List
Dr. Dog - Easy Beat/We All Belong/Fate
Bob Dylan - Love and Theft
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot/A Ghost Is Born
White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan
Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway
Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans
The Strokes - Room on Fire
Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped
Sleater-Kinney - The Woods
Sigur Ros - ()/Takk
Ryan Adams - Jacksonville City Nights/Cold Roses/Love Is Hell
Radiohead - Kid A
Paul McCartney - Chaos and Creation
Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

5 comments:

  1. Disappointed that Tuxicity did not make the list.

    Also, I really like April by Sun Kil Moon. Different than Great Highway, but altogether great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've listened to April a few times and did enjoy it, but overall I didn't find that it caught me as much as Ghosts. I need to give it another listen, though - it has been a while

    As you might guess, there are a lot of albums I enjoyed that I took off the list (Tuxicity, notably).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey HAPPY BIRTHDAY, by the way!

    Damn, I'm a slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks buddy - not a big deal at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend Vargo's response to my post can be found here:

    http://www.vargocity.com/2009/11/hip-hop.html

    ReplyDelete